The Oxford Cognitive Screen has been translated and renormed in:
- 🇮🇹 Italian (in collaboration with the Centro di Riabilitazione Terranuova Bracciolini – AR)
- 🇭🇰 Cantonese (in collaboration with the University of Central Florida)
- 🇩🇰 Danish (in collaboration with the Københavns Universitet)
- 🇧🇪🇳🇱 Dutch (in collaboration with KULeuven)
- 🇨🇳 Putonghua (in collaboration with the Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- 🇷🇺 Russian (in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong and the Treatment and Rehabilitation Center Moscow)
- 🇧🇷 Brazilian Portuguese (in collaboration with University of Sao Paulo)
These versions of OCS are available through the licencing pages from Oxford University Innovations Health outcomes (see Materials). Simply click the relevant version to register for.
Other cultural and language adaptations are underway:
- 🇺🇸 US adaptation (in collaboration with Veterans Affairs Hospital in Dallas)
- 🇬🇷 Greek (in collaboration with University of Crete)
- 🇩🇪 German (in collaboration with Uniklink Freiburg)
If you are interested in translating OCS – please contact the Clinical Outcomes team at Oxford University Innovation for more informations on translation guidelines and agreements.
Peer reviewed publications
Huyhelier H, Schraepen B, Demeyere N, Gillebert CR (2019) The Dutch version of the Oxford Cognitive Screen (OCS-NL): normative data and their association with age and socio-economic status. Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn. 4:1-22
Robotham Rj, Riis JO, Demeyere N (2019) A Danish version of the Oxford cognitive screen: a stroke-specific screening test as an alternative to the MoCA. Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn. 11;1-14
Velera-Gran D, Lopez-Roig S, Hurtado-Pomares M et al (2019) Validation of the Spanish version of the Oxford cognitive Screen (S-OCS): psychometric properties of a short cognitive stroke-specific screening tool. Clin Rehabil 33(4); 724-736
Shendyapina M, Kuzmina E, Kazymaev S et al (2019) The Russian version of the Oxford Cognitive Screen: Validation study on stroke survivors. Neuropsycholgy 33(1); 77-92
Ramos CCF, Amado DK, Borges CR et al (2018) Oxford Cognitive Screen – Brazilian Portuguese version (OCS-Br) A pilot study. Dement Neuropsychol 12(4); 427-431
Hong WJ, Tao J, Wong AWK et al (2018) Psychometric properties of the Chinese (Putonghua) version of the Oxford Cognitive Screen (OCS-P) in subacute poststroke patients without neglect. Biomed Res Int eCollection 2018.
Mancuso M, Varalta V, Sardella L et al (2016) Italian normative data for a stroke specific cognitive screening tool: the Oxford Cognitive Screen (OCS). Neurol Sci 37(10); 1713-1721
Kong AP, Lam PH, Ho DW et al (2016) The Hong Kong version of the Oxford Cognitive Screen (HK-OCS): validation study for Cantonese-speaking chronic stroke survivors. Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 23(5); 530-548